Wednesday, April 13, 2016

the beginning..."once upon a time"

Ahh! I love that phase..."once upon a time" just gives me warm fuzzy inside.

So I started reading the Little House Series for the millionth time...these books have a charm about them that's hard to describe. I sit for hours reading chapter after chapter, completely engulfed in another wonderful world. I'm seeing more and more how my own childhood and young adult life was very similar to Laura's, in someways a good thing and in others well it was just life and it was beautiful because it's was mine.

Her's was the story of what really mattered in life. She describes a life of hardship but in words which makes each of us want to re-enter into the charm of the covered wagon days. Even the dirt and dust looks magical. Like how is that even possible?

I decided to try and cook my way through these books...baking and preparing each food that she mentioned. Not that I can go into real detail with each, like I can't cook over a fire or fry a pigs tail. But for the most part I plan on creating a little bit of the Little House food in my "primitive" kitchen.

Growing up I would imagine myself living in my own little house. And on April 22, 2015 I did just that. I bought a little house in the middle of the woods (a total of five acres) and since then I've been busy remodeling and trying to enjoy life at the same time. From planting my own garden, butchering a pig and canning (by myself for first time) I've been slowing accumulating little house memories of my own.

I want to document what I've done and the old fashioned meals I cook...so hence I've begun this blog...



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment